Doctor insights on:
Can You Switch Between Glasses And Contacts
Can you tell me if i switch from glasses(prism lens) to contacts(different prescription) will that cause unusual discomfort?
Can you tell me if you switch from glasses(prism lens) to contacts(different prescription) will that cause unusual discomfort?
I got contacts for the first time a few days ago & i updates my prescription for new glasses. When i switch from contacts to glasses, my glases makes me dizzy, nauseated & gives me headaches.
No: You can wear you contacts as much, or as little, as you want. ...Read more
Sometimes: Eyeglass prescriptions and contact lens prescriptions sometimes look quite different. You cannot substitute one for the other but your ophthalmologist will write the proper one for you visual needs so the optician can fit your glasses or the ophthalmologist can order the proper contacts. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Both work well: Contacts give a more natural perception of your environment, without frame edge limitations, or minification of objects you look at. Contacts must be fit to your specific eye shape and prescription. Getting use to a contact lens on the eye may take some time, however , with modern lenses this is not usually a problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on age: Depends on age , the health of the eye and the need for bifocals. There are bifocal contacts, but they do not perform as well as glasses. Yet in eyes with irregularly shaped corneas, contacts will clear vision in a way that no glasses ever can. For most ordinary cases, they function relatively the same. Probably your best answer will come from your own experience and guidance of your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Surgery or ...: First, you need to know exactly why you don't see clearly and if you have a straightforward far or near-sightedness with or without astigmatism. You can opt for laser surgery if you are a candidate or other surgery to implant a lens to improve the vision. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell difference between fractured knee cap and bruised bone?
- Can you explain the difference between anal fissure and anal fistula?
- How can you tell the difference between kidney pain and flank pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell the difference between testicular cancer and just epyditimitis?
- How can you tell the difference between a stress fracture and tendonitis?
- How can you tell the difference between a kidney and bladder infection?
- Can you explain the difference between dry and wet gangrene?
- Can you wear glasses and contacts at the same time?