Doctor insights on:
Can You Suffer Eye Strain If You Have Been On The Computer For Couple Of Hours
I have been experiencing pain/strain within the eyes.My job involves looking at computers.But when i hit the gym,the pain goes away.What is this?
Warmer: Many people feel the warmer (lower k temperature) colors are more pleasing. There is a setting for this under your monitor control. Also, some feel a slight yellow tint to computer glasses reduces glare and increases contrast. Making sure the resolution is set to a native value on lcd displays makes text sharper as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have to be on the computer for work for most of my day. Is there an eye exercise that I can do very quickly to alleviate the strain?
Adjust computer dist: Taking a "vision" break every 30 minutes by staring off at a distance helps. So does changing the distance the monitor is from you every so often. Be sure to use artificial tears regularly if you feel a burning sensation. Most importantly, change what you are focusing on regularly (screen, desk, looking out the window, etc.). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Refraction lubricate: First make sure that you have the proper refraction. At age 45, patients may start to develop presbyopia, the need for glasses to focus close-up. When you use your computer your blink rate will be reduced. This will contribute to dry eye. If your eyes feel scratchy after using your computer for a while i would suggest a lubricating drop prior to and during computer use. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you reduce neck strain at the computer?
- Can reading glasses help prevent computer related eye strain?
- Computer usage and dry eyes
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get pregnant if your tubes have been tied?
- Can you eat vegetables that have been sprayed with fusilade?
- Can you get pregnant when your tubes have been tied?
- Once you have been treated for hyperthyroidism can you drink alcohol
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free