Doctor insights on:
Can You Still Have A Cycle After A Hysterectomy
Possible cycle: If you had a hysterectomy where the uterus and cervix were removed, then you cannot have a period. If your cervix was left in place, there is a 20-30% chance you will have a period because the inner lining of the uterus that causes a period extends into the cervix. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Yes it is very possible.Get a more detailed answer ›
No and yes: No, you do not have the transport organ to carry a pregnancy yourself. Yes, if you retained your ovaries, these can be retrieved and implanted in a surrogate that would carry your baby. At 49 you might consider using donated eggs from a younger source. Your risk of a down syndrome birth from your egg is 1/50. ...Read more
No and yes.: If you mean "to carry your baby inside of you without uterus" is near to impossible. Even extrauterine pregnancies ( pregnancies outside the uterus )require transfer of sperm cells through the cervix to the falopian tubes to encounter the ovum ( egg). As fertility specialists said only surrogates may carry your fertilized ovum if they do it artificially. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: If the hysterectomy was done for cervical cancer or precancer, you should continue to have regular pap smears and pelvic exams. If the surgery was done for endometrial or ovarian cancer, you definitely need regular pelvic exams and some doctors perform paps in those circumstances. If the surgery was done for benign causes, you need general annual exams for preventative health care. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: About 600, 000/yr in usa.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you still have menopause after a hysterectomy?
- Can you still have endometriosis after a hysterectomy?
- Can you still have cramps after a hysterectomy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do you still have periods after a hysterectomy?
- Do you still have a period after a hysterectomy?
- Can you still get pregnant after a hysterectomy?
- Can you be pregnant and still have a menstral cycle?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free