Doctor insights on:
Can You Still Get Dentures If You Have Little To No Solid Bone Left
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
Yes: The more bone loss one has the harder it is to wear a denture. That is why keeping your teeth healthy is so important. If teeth are lost placing implants will keep the bone level from receeding. There is a point when dentures cannot be worn. So keep healthy. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Help! Is it possible to have so little mandible bone left that you can't even wear dentures anymore?
Yes: Once the teeth are extracted, the remaining bone will atrophy over time. Ill fitting dentures will accelerate the process. There may come a point where the remaining ridge is so flat that lower dentures don't really have a place to rest comfortably. If enough bone remains underneath, dental implants may be the answer. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Fixed, please: There's noting like your own natural dentition. Do whatever you can, within reason, to save your teeth. Sounds like you need a good general dentist or prosthodontist to quarterback your treatment, and the services of a periodontist to deal with your bone/gum issues. It's worth the fight to save them. Don't give up. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I had a tooth pulled out 2 years ago and have been wearing a partial denture. I can now afford a dental implant, but would there still be bone?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there dentures you can have for a harelip?
- Can you still get pregnant if you have endometriosis?
- Can you get pregnant and still have a period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you still get braces if you have cavities?
- If you have ovarian cyst can you still get pregnant
- You have ovarian cyst can you still get pregnant
- Can you still get pregnant if you have your period?
- Talk to a dentist online for free