Doctor insights on:
Can You Smoke Marijuana For Pain After Surgery
Cont'd 3: Or make any legal decisions withing 24 hours is because the anesthesia drugs impair judgement and reasoning ability as well as response time. Cannabis effect is additive to this. In the literature it is recommended to delay surgery until the thc has cleared the system. The half life is somewhere between 28 adn 56 hours depending upon the chronicity of the use. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
NO: Post op patients should optimize their general health, with rest, good diet, and avoidance of non prescription drugs. Marijuana does not have analgesic properties, and smoking of any kind reduces oxygen availability to the repair, and could hurt healing. Good luck to your "friend.". ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Retina & MJ: There are endocannabinoid receptors in the retina as well as nearly everywhere else in your body. These receptors can be affected by external cannabis . . . And research has not established what the physiological outcome is. Please ask your retina surgeon about this -- s/he would be your best advisor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I had surgery on my hand yesterday and was wondering if i could smoke marijuana to help ease the pain?
How long after a vitrectomy for a traumatic macula hole can you smoke marijuana? If i were to smoke a week after surgery what would happen?
Nothing: Most likely this would not affect your surgery or outcome. ...Read more
No, absolutely not: Smoking of any sort decreases the blood flow to the anastomoses (the places where the stomach and intestine are sewed into the new position) and drastically increases your ulcer risk. In addition, Marijuana causes weight gain by appetitie stimulation. Last, patients with a history of severe obesity are often genetically predispositioned to addictions and should avoid habit-forming substances. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can you do for right shoulder pain after appendectomy?
- Can you fly after surgery for a spontaneous pneumothorax?
- Can smoking weed substitute for prescription pain meds after minor surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you smoke marijuana after a deep cleaning?
- How soon can you smoke cigarette after lasik eye surgery?
- How long can you be taking pain pills after back surgery?
- Can i ask for pain medications after breast reduction surgery?
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free