Doctor insights on:
Can You Safely Take Caltrate 600mg While On Coumadin
Yes: Generally the answer is yes. Although not as important with coumadin, many medications should not be taken with calcium supplements, given the risk of the calcium binding the medicine and not allowing it to be absorbed. The most importat thing to remember about Coumadin is consistency - when you take it, diet (especially foods high in vitamin k such as green, leafy vegetables), etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How does not eating/fasting effect you when taking coumadin/warfarin? Should i take lower dose if planning to fast? I plan on fasting for 72 hours.
Impossible to say: It would be impossible to say because of the many intricate effects of foods and beverages on coumadin. I recommend you let your prescribing doctor know that you are fasting. I am sure your doctor will want you to get your inr checked right after the fast (and maybe before.). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
DrugDrug interaction: In general, there are no issues w/taking Claritin & Coumadin together (http://www.Drugs.Com/interactions-check.Php?Drug_list=1486-898, 2311-1529). However, your vitamin k diet can affect your Coumadin dose. It's always best to tell your doctor & pharmacist everything you're taking, whether prescription or otc, especially in the case of Coumadin which requires constant monitoring to achieve inr goal. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you take diflucan while on antibiotics?
- Can you take nyquil while on antibiotics?
- Can you take birth control while on your period will it last longer or shorter?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you take imodium while on antibiotics?
- Can you take pepto bismol while on antibiotics?
- Can you take aspirin while on antibiotics?
- Can you take painkillers while on antibiotics?
- Talk to a cardiologist online