Doctor insights on:
Can You Receive The H1 N1 Vaccine If You Have Thalassemia Minor
Latin word for cow, vacca, because of the smallpox/cowpox work of edward jenner, vaccination is the administration of a substance, live organism or otherwise, that stimulates the immune response to prevent a specific disease. Primarily a preventative procedure, some vaccines can ...Read more
Should you go ahead and get the h1n1 vaccine for your child if they have alpha beta thalassemia minor?
Can you have thalassemia minor with a hgb F of 7.1 but normal hgb A2? Electrophoresis was normal except elevated hgb F. serious? Worried!!
Not very: could be related to the delta-beta thalasemea in a trait patient would have mild anemea microcytic ...Read more
Most R asymptomatic: Thalassemia minor seldom produces any direct symptoms. It is often picked up by random blood testing for unrelated issues with the detection of small red cells and mild anemia. Often patients are given iron supplements initially with the assumption there is an iron deficiency & testing for thalassemia is done after the iron does not help. ...Read more
Yes, but: Yes, but you should be tested to know your status if you plan to have children. The thalassemia minor won't hurt you at all. If your partner has thalassemia minor (i.e. Thalassemia trait), i would bet they are fine and have no issues. If you also have thalassemia trait, there is a chance you could have a baby with thalassemia (disease). You should see a genetic counselor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Possible: It mainly depends on the status of anemia at the time when the individual with Alpha thalassemia minor present at donation (hemoglobin higher than 12.5 or hematocrit at 38 or higher). You also need to comply to other criteria as qualified blood donor which vary between states in the us. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have beta thalassemia minor but recently i'm feeling pain in my all joint of body and also in muscles.Pls advice.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there any dangers with scuba diving if you have beta thalassemia minor?
- Can you have both the thalassemia trait and sickle cell trait?
- How is it that i can get the h1n1 swine flu vaccine if i have an egg allergy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Diverticulitis and colonics
- Can you get the shingles vaccine after having shingles?
- Can you take shingles vaccine after having shingles?
- Can you get shingles vaccine if you have had shingles?
- Talk to a pediatrician online