Doctor insights on:
Can You Receive The H1 N1 Vaccine If You Have Thalassemia Minor
Latin word for cow, vacca, because of the smallpox/cowpox work of edward jenner, vaccination is the administration of a substance, live organism or otherwise, that stimulates the immune response to prevent a specific disease. Primarily a preventative procedure, some vaccines can ...Read more
Should you go ahead and get the h1n1 vaccine for your child if they have alpha beta thalassemia minor?
Can you have thalassemia minor with a hgb F of 7.1 but normal hgb A2? Electrophoresis was normal except elevated hgb F. serious? Worried!!
Not very: could be related to the delta-beta thalasemea in a trait patient would have mild anemea microcytic ...Read more
I have thalassemia minor. My question is, if my husband is normal can my child be born normal too?
Yes: If one parent has thalassemia minor, and the other parent has normal hemoglobin (not a carrier of Alpha thal, beta thal, sickle cell, etc...), then the children of the two parents will be normal (have normal hemoglobin), or close to normal (have thal minor). Thal minor generally doesn't cause symptoms. In rare cases, a new or additional mutation could occur and make the situation more complicated. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No: Thalassemia is an inherited condition, the severity depends on the type of mutation you inherit and is fixed throughout life. If you develop another blood disorder by chance during life your anemia could worsen, but this has nothing to do with your thalassemia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Unclear: I'm not sure what symptoms you're attributing to thalassemia minor. Most patients with minor forms of thalassemia are asymptomatic throughout life. If you have developed worsening symptoms of any sort I suggest you have them evaluated by a physician rather than just attributing them to your thalassemia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If you have eczema can you still get the smallpox vaccine
- If you have had shingles can you get the vaccine
- Can you get the flu shot if you have a cough?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you tell if you have decayed tooth by the smell?
- How can you tell if u have a cavity without going to the dentist?
- Can you have a thyroid condition even if the blood test is normal?
- Are there any dangers with scuba diving if you have beta thalassemia minor?
- Talk to a pediatrician online