Doctor insights on:
Can You Rebreak A Bone From Popping Your Knuckles
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
Unknown: I have not seen any prospective randomized medical studies to either prove or disprove the health of popping joints. In my opinion, it probably doesn't really hurt anything, but on the other hand, anything done to excess is probably not good for you. ...Read more
I keep popping the top of my right foot. Almost like popping knuckles except it is the top of my foot near the middle. Is this normal?
I can make my ears pop voluntarily without moving. Its addicting like popping your knuckles. Will this damage my ears?
No: The ear tympanum can become weak from overuse and poor nutrition. Occasional dehydration can also permit as popping noise against the small bones behind the tympanum. Eat good quality oils and fats and stay well hydrated, especially when changing elevation. This should lessen the urge and loosen the knuckles a bit too. ...Read more
Habit: You have developed a habit disorder. The best way to deal with this is to replace the behavior with another behavior that is not so aggravating to you and others. Use your imagination to think of one and you can heal yourself by yourself! good luck! ...Read more
Popping fingers. I've always heard its bad for u to pop ur fingers & knuckles. Whats the truth? Is good or bad? Does it do any harm?
Controversial: Research has not found support for the warning of arthritis, but they have found a strong link to future hand swelling and joint weakness. Those seem to be good enough reasons to minimize the habit or stop if possible. A link: http://www.Samuelmerritt.Edu/president/news_room/jun_2010/should-you-stop-pop-knuckle-cracking-ris good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you pull a muscle in your chest from vomiting?
- Can you get a rash from your period?
- Can you pull a muscle in your back from coughing?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get a kidney infection from your boyfriend fingering you?
- Can you get lead poisoning from a pencil if your child accidently pricked himself?
- How can you tell if a bone has broken in your hand?
- Can you get a concussion from shaking your head?
- Can you get a brain tumor from hitting your head?