Doctor insights on:
Can You Labyrinthitis
Inflammation: The suffix "itis" on the end of words means inflammation. The labyrinth is a structure in the region of the middle ear which helps you to maintain your balance. When it becomes inflamed (by infectious or other causes) you may have severe dizziness with nausea and vomiting resulting. Usually resolves spontaneously but u may be quite ill for a while. ...Read more
Inner ear?: An inner ear infection is characterized by severe vertigo and nerve deafness. The vertigo may last a few days to 2-3 weeks and followed by imbalance. Depending on the cause it may take up to a year for the imbalance and hearing loss to stabilize. Early activity and balance retraining hasten improvement of symptoms. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Viral illness: "labyrinthitis" typically refers to an acute inner ear condition associated with vertigo and often secondary nausea and/or vomiting. The most severe symptoms last 1-3 days but dysequilibrium may persist for several additional weeks. It is thought to be associated with a viral illness. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get labyrinthitis again?
- How long can labyrinthitis last?
- How long can the symptoms of labyrinthitis last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a few hours of exercise make your labyrinthitis feel better?
- Labyrinthitis and anxiety
- Cure for labyrinthitis
- Treatment for labyrinthitis
- Talk to a neurologist online