Doctor insights on:
Can You Join The Us Military With A Coarctation Of The Aorta
Aorta coarctation: I do not believe that the army will allow you to join ranks. Aortic coarctation is a condition that often requieres surgery at early age and patients need a very good blood pressure control often with medications. You might need to choose a different carreer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not in isolation: Coarctation only causes cyanosis when it is associated with other heart disease that allows blue blood to cross over to the red blood side. Cyanosis occurs in two situations: 1. When blue blood gets to the red blood side ("right-to-left shunting) or 2. When blood is not fully oxygenated in the lungs ("pulmonary venous desaturation"). ...Read more
Coarctation of aorta: Coarctation of the aorta is a narrowing of the aorta, so if the narrowing is below the 1st or 2nd intercostal artery then likely those arteries would not be affected. Also there is a good collateral circulation along the spinal cord which helps to protect the circulation. ...Read more
I have had vsd repair and coarctation of aorta am i more susceptible for heart attack. Warning signs? How to tell if its a heart attack or anxiety?
Possibly: Patients with coarctation are, unfortunately, at greater risk of coronary artery disease. The reason is not well understood, but there is good evidence to support this. Please discuss the warning signs with your doctor; but they include severe chest pain, palpitations, arm pain, sweating, fainting, difficulty breathing. Please seek medical attention immediately if you are concerned. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How effective are spider vein treatments? What is the average cost? I have had vsd and coarctation of aorta repair as a baby as well.
Hi doctor budi im still trying yo figure this out.Yes my son has chd coarctation of aorta trileaflet av cvs vsd asd2º and pda?
Why coarctation of aorta in infantile, cause passes of the blood from pulmonary artery to the aorta through pda?
Plumbing!: Blood must get to the body, else the fetus would not survive. The same is true once the baby is born. In utero, blood flows from pulm artery (pa) to aorta (ao) normally. Once born, the blood continues to flow this way so that blood can get to the body. When the PDA closes, the child becomes very sick. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can someone with coarctation of the aorta get a body piercing or a tattoo?
- Can you reverse the effects of toxoplasmosis on a child if they are born with it?
- Why would you treat children with coarctation of the aorta?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can you do about a knife cut on the knuckle part of finger?
- How long can a person survive after being diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver?
- Can you remove a ganglion cyst on the top side of your hand without surgery?
- What kind of damage can happen if sprayed in the eye with a can of air?
- Talk to a cardiologist online