Doctor insights on:
Can You Improve Night Vision Or Low Light
Sometimes: Decreased dim light vision is often caused by cataracts and other conditions that limit light getting to the receptors in the eye. Often, people with nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism or presbyopia whose prescriptions have worsened will notice it most when in dim light. The most important first step to improving vision is an eye exam to determine the cause of decreased vision. ...Read more
My vision goes from great during the day to awful at night. What can I do to improve night vision?
Field studies: There are some field studies of jamaican fishermen and also some moroccan fishermen and mountain dwellers, pointing to improved night vision with marijuana smoking. The effect seem dose-related, and further study was suggested. This is not "proof, " though. http://science.iowamedicalmarijuana.org/pdfs/misc/russo%20et%20al.%20cannabis%20night%20vision%20jep%202004.pdf. ...Read more
Low night vision: Low night vision in one eye is likely due to some ocular issue resulting in asymmetric decreased vision. This could be cataract, corneal disease, glaucoma, macular degeneration or other retinal disease, or other optic nerve disease. You should see an eye doctor to determine the cause of the unilateral low night vision issue since it could be something serious in need of treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Improve night vision driving
- Food to improve night vision
- Can using sunglasses the whole day improve your vision during night?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Low light vision problems
- Can eye vision improve?
- Can vision improve with age?
- How can you improve your vision without utilizing corrective lenses?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free