Doctor insights on:
Can You Hear Your Baby Cry In Your Womb
See below: Different studies have revealed different results and additionally all babies don't develop the same. The ears form around 3-4 months of gestation. The average time for babies to respond to external sounds is 5-6 months of gestation. ...Read more
Crying in infancy is described as a loud, high-pitched sound made by infants in response to certain situations. Infants have a cry reflex that is a normal response to some stimuli, such as pain or hunger. Older children and adults cry for emotional reasons such as pain, fear, sadness, or frustration. Premature infants may not have a cry reflex, so they must be monitored closely for signs ...Read more
Immediately: Babies hear voices inside the womb. They can recognize mom and dad's voices immediately after delivery because they have been hearing it the whole nine months. It is very cool. ...Read more
Yes: Several studies have confirmed the same.Get a more detailed answer ›
About 16 weeks: Your baby should have fully developed ears in place by 16 weeks. I would assume that at that point your baby should be hearing some, although likely basic, sounds at this point. It’s never too early to start talking to your baby, either way it is a great bonding opportunity. ...Read more
No: The baby is well insulated from the outside world and little effected by short term effects like crying. However if the mother is so upset that she is not taking care of herself, for instance not eating properly or getting rest, that can certainly affect the baby. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Babies do not breathe in the womb.There are some random tensing movements of the diaphragm, but no breathing.That starts after a baby is delivered. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why can you hear your heartbeat in your ear?
- Can you feel the baby heartbeat in your neck?
- Can you hear your heartbeat in your stomach?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can you put on a blister in your mouth to relieve pain baby orajel?
- Can you feel a baby's heartbeat in your stomach?
- Can you feel your babys heartbeat in your stomach?
- Can a baby hear you in the womb?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free