Doctor insights on:
Can You Have Your Menstrual Cycle If You Have Ovarian Cancer
Cancer is a group of diseases that is characterized by uncontrolled cell growth leading to invasion of surrounding tissues that spread to other parts of the body. Cancer can begin anywhere in the body and is usually related to one or more genetic mutations that allow normal cells to become malignant by interfering with internal cellular control mechanisms, such as programmed cell death or by preventing ...Read more
Hello there my menstrual cycle has always been 28days it now seems too be 26/27 I suffer anxiety is this still normal? Could I have ovarian cancer?
Normal = 21 thru 35: The frequency you report is clearly still normal, but if it becomes more irregular you certainly should have an exam. Do not jump to the idea that it is anything as frightening as cancer. There are many less serious reasons for changes in your cycle. Depending on several factors, including your age, health, etc - it may be nothing at all. Have an exam if you're worried. ...Read more
Im 28, have severe dull cramping with my menses each month, my Ca 19-9 firstly 140 now is 111.7 (normal 0-37), does this mean I have ovarian cancer?
It is a cancer which arises from the ovary. This cancer is typically silent, producing little or no symptoms till it spreads, first into the pelvic area and later into the peritoneal cavity leading to fluid accumulation(ascites) which is often the first symptom. Despite its late presentation, there is a reasonable treatment for it, with some long term survivors even ...Read more
The menstrual cycle begins with the shedding of the uterine lining, resulting in bleeding from the vagina. A few weeks later, one ovary releases an egg and the uterine lining thickens in preparation for a potential pregnancy. Pregnancy can occur at this stage if sperm fertilizes the egg. If the egg is not fertilized, the egg will leave your body and ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you have your menstrual cycle and still be pregnant?
- Can you have an abnormal pap because of your menstrual cycle?
- Can you get ovarian cancer after having your ovaries removed?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you have a miscarriage while on your cycle?
- How can you tell if you have ovarian cancer?
- Can a cbc detect if you have ovarian cancer?
- Can increased exercise have an effect on your menstrual cycle?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free