Doctor insights on:
Can You Have Water Before A Thyroid Blood Test
Will drinking water with added electrolytes(smart water) effect a blood test that's being done to check thyroid levels. Told to fast before test.
Unclear question: What is a "bac reading"? It may help if you spell out your concern. ...Read more
You may: If thyroid blood test is the only test you are having, coffee is not likely to materially affect the results. Generally it is better to be fasting for lab tests. ...Read more
Sodium is low: Sodium will be diluted, thus low in value when you are retaining water. Serum osmolality, the amount of solute/dissolved substance in a volume of liquid may be normal or low depending on various medical conditions including water retention from heart failure, kidney failure, and cirrhosis. Hope i could be of help. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends on type of: Tests. Usual thyroid function tests can be done on about 5 ml of blood. ...Read more
Probably yes: Normal TSH level is less than 5. ...Read more
Is this TSH level?: There are several types of thyroid tests like TSH level or T4 level.So you need to indicate the exact name of the test done. If it is tsh...This is normal. ...Read more
Probably: If this is a TSH level or a free T4 level, it is normal. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you drink water before a fasting blood glucose test?
- What can you have before a fasting blood test?
- Can you have a thyroid condition even if the blood test is normal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i eat before thyroid blood test?
- Do you have to fast before a blood test?
- Do you have to fast for a thyroid blood test?
- Do you have to fast for thyroid blood test?
- Talk to a pathologist online for free