Doctor insights on:
Can You Have Tonsillitis Without Tonsils
Yes: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
Depends: The most recent guidelines for tonsillectomy based upon frequency of tonsillitis are: 7 episodes in 12 months or 5 episodes per year for 2 years or 3 episodes per year for 3 years or 4 episodes of strep in a year. Other factors that may be taken into account are severity of episodes, days of school/work missed, etc. Patients who have had a peritonsillar abscess may be candidates as well. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you still get tonsillitis without tonsils?
- Can you get tonsillitis without tonsils?
- Can you get tonsillitis if you do not have tonsils?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you have tonsil stones without tonsils?
- Can you have tonsillitis without fever?
- Can you get tonsillitis if you have had your tonsils removed?
- Can you have strep throat without tonsils?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free