Doctor insights on:
Can You Have Sex After A Pap Smear
Couples often worry about having sex during pregnancy. They may be afraid that having sex could cause a miscarriage or harm the baby. It is best to talk to your doctor or nurse midwife about your specific situation to make sure you are considered at low risk for complications such a ...Read more
Maybe: Dysplasia (precancerous changes in the cervix) is most often caused by hpv virus infection. Having sex with a man who carries hpv can cause this. Most women have been exposed to some type of hpv virus if they have ever been sexually active. In young women with mild dysplasia, their immune system usually fights off the hpv infection and their pap smear becomes normal within 2 years. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
You do not have to w: Wait any time at all.Get a more detailed answer ›
Prob not: If you're a virgin — meaning you haven't had vaginal intercourse — you probably don't need a pap smear. And even if you do have a pap smear, you will not lose your virginity. In most cases, cervical cancer is caused by a sex. Transmitted infection called human papillomavirus (hpv). If you've never sexual intercourse, you're unlikely to have hpv. Some recommend pap at age 21 even if no sex history. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Having a pap smear should never be painful in a healthy person. Not having sexual intercourse for awhile may make the test uncomfortable for some people but tell your doctor your fears and the exam should be more comfortable. In women with active vaginal infection or other health issues, the exam may be painful for those reasons. Lack of sexual activity is never a reason to not have annual exams. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it okay to have sex if you have an abnormal pap smear?
- Should you have a pap smear after a hysterectomy
- Can you get pregnant after a pap smear?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If you have an abnormal pap smear
- Can you have cervical cancer with a normal pap smear?
- Can an abnormal pap smear mean you have ovarian cancer?
- Can you have a pap smear when trying to get pregnant?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free