Doctor insights on:
Can You Have Gallstones With No Gallbladder
The gallbladder is a sac-like structure located under the right lobe of the liver. It is attached to the common bile duct via the cystic duct. The gallbladder can store bile when the bile is not needed, and can squeeze bile into the bile duct and intestine for digestion when a person eats larger ...Read more
Can you have gallstones and not have a gallbladder? I'm having severe right upper quad. Pain with nausea. Had recent CT and labs all are normal.
Yes: Stones can occur within the bile duct as well. Sometimes these stones are not well seen on ct, but if obstructing the duct, the duct will dilate. Dilated ducts are usually well seen on ct or ultrasound. Stones may be better seen with mrcp (imaging by MRI machine) or ERCP (a procedure done by a GI doctor). Ercp can be done to remove duct stones, or to treat a possible duct "stricture"or "spasm". ...Read more
Surgery: Remove gallbladder and stones. If gallbladder is contracted it may indicate disease of the gallbladder. ...Read more
Surgery: It sounds as though you need a cholecystectomy. They are done through a laparoscope today and although any surgery is a big surgery when you are the patient, the recovery time and pain from this procedure has been markedly diminished over the past 20 years. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you have a gallbladder attack without gallstones?
- Can you have gallstones after gallbladder removal?
- Can you get gallstones after having your gallbladder removed?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you still have gallstones after gallbladder removal?
- Can u have gallstones after gallbladder removed?
- Can you exercise if you have gallstones?
- Foods you can eat when you have gallstones
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free