Doctor insights on:
Can You Have Chlamydia And Not Know It
Chlamydia infection is a sexually transmitted infection caused by a bacteria. Genital symptoms include burning on urination, vaginal or penile discharge, pain with sexual intercourse or no symptoms at all. In many patients without symptoms, chlamydial infections can spread upwards into the abdomen and cause serious complications due to scarring. Newborns can acquire chlamydial eye infection from birth ...Read more
An infection: This infection can affect men ; women and is sexually transmitted. In men it can be as simple as an itch feeling in the penis or a urethritis. In the female she may be asymptomatic or have symptoms of cervicitis or pelvic inflammatory disease. Chlamydia infections usually respond well to an antibiotic after the doctor confirms the nature of your complaint with a culture. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It depends.: It helps to go in for check-ups. Cultures can be done along with antigen testing and staining. Also other signs like swollen lymph nodes and epididymitis, proctitis, and mucopurulent cervicitis subside. Taking the full course of antibiotics is an absolute necessity, and treatment of your parther(s) ensures a successful outcome. Best of luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can you have chlamydia and not know it?
- Can you have a yeast infection and not know it?
- Can you have trichomoniasis for years and not know it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you have scabies and not know it?
- Can you have a pulmonary embolism and not know it?
- Do you think you can have mrsa and not know it?
- Can you have a bladder infection and not know it?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free