Doctor insights on:
Can You Have Chlamydia And Not Know It
Chlamydia infection is a sexually transmitted infection caused by a bacteria. Genital symptoms include burning on urination, vaginal or penile discharge, pain with sexual intercourse or no symptoms at all. In many patients without symptoms, chlamydial infections can spread upwards into the abdomen and cause serious complications due to scarring. Newborns can acquire chlamydial eye infection from birth ...Read more
A kind of bacteria: Chlamydia is a bacteria. The the most common types are transmitted sexually, i.e. it's an STD. In some developing countries, some chlamydia types cause eye infections in children and are passed nonsexually by contact with infected people, by contact with shared clothing or sheets, and by flies. A related germ called Chlamydophila causes bronchitis and pneumonia. ...Read more
Unprotected sex : Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted infection passed by transmitting body fluids from one person to another. Chlamydia can be acquired through vaginal, anal and oral sex. You can not catch chlamydia through casual contact. Avoiding intercourse is the only 100% way to protect yourself. Condoms are very effective in decreasing the risk. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Chlamydia is a curable sexually transmitted infection that is caused by the bacteria chlamydia trachomatis. This bacteria infects mucous membranes of the urethra, vagina, cervix, anus, rectum, eyelid, and throat. Chlamydia may be asymptomatic but some patients experience pain or burning during urination, nausea, fever, vaginal discharge, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can you have chlamydia and not know it?
- How long can you have chlamydia before you know it?
- How to know if you have chlamydia or gonorrhea?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you have cancer and not know it?
- Can you have hpv and not know it?
- Can you have a miscarriage and not know it?
- Can you have lice and not know it?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free