Doctor insights on:
Can You Have A Period And Not Ovulate
If you get your period does that mean you have ovulated for that cycle? Or can you get a period and not ovulate?
Yes: Reasons for missed/late periods: low body weight, obesity, marked weight ^ or v, over-exercise, endurance athletics, breast-feeding, ^ stress, illness, eating disorders (bulimia or anorexia), anovulatory cycle (no egg released), travel, hormone irregularities, drug use, meds (i.e., birth control) or medical problems. #1 reason is pregnancy. ...Read more
See below: It's the other way around. You're pregnant and you don't know it. Up to 30% of pregnant women will bleed at the time of their expected periods because the baby as implanted into the womb. This gives the impression of a period when it's not. ...Read more
Yes: That can certainly occur.Get a more detailed answer ›
Ovulation: No. Periods represent the physical proof that you are ovulating. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you have a period but not ovulate?
- Can you have a period without ovulation?
- Can you ovulate without having a period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you not ovulate but still have a period?
- Can you still ovulate if you dont have a period?
- Can you get your period if you have not ovulated?
- Do you have to ovulate to have a period?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free