Doctor insights on:
Can You Have A Loss Of Height From Heavy Weight Lifting
Does loss of height (1 inch) indicate that my spine is becoming more compress? Used to do a lot of weightlifting, lumbar and lower feel compressed
Loss of Height: Loss of height is a natural part of aging, and some people start losing height as early as age 30. It is not uncommon for people to lose 1/4" of height every decade after age 40. Men generally have more muscle mass and lose bone more slowly than women, and therefore do not lose height as rapidly. Loss of height of 1" at 25 is highly unusual, and should be investigated by your physician. ...Read more
What do you do for an anterrior wedge compression fx.L1 vertebral body with 50% loss of height, 30% superrior endplate retropulsion dextroscoliosis ?
Jibberish: You are trying to interpret a complex interpretation of x-rays and/or mri. These are just visual descriptions of the films. More important are the clinical symptoms and the interpretation of your problem by a competent physician. Sounds like a traumatic event in your upper back with compression and shifting of the bones of the spine. Not much can be done, but surgery may be an option. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mri says Disc t3-4 through t8-9 show loss of height. Intervertebral discs t7-8 and t8-9 mild signal changes. Mild anterior wedging of t7, t8. Meaning?
All my spine Xrays show severe disc dessication/deg., loss of height, spurs, endplate irreg, osteopenia, scoliosis/kyphosis & spine MRI doesn't, why?
If you statement is-: -true, it should be obvious on an MR. In this case I would check 2 be sure that there was not a mixup in identification of whose images are whose. Be sure that they are your images. ...Read more
How long does it take a minor uncomplicated no loss of height vertebral end plate fracture to heal?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get a hemorrhoid from weight lifting?
- Nerve damage from lifting heavy weights
- Lifting heavy weight and have kidney stones
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long of a break can you take from lifting weights?
- Can you get a groin injury from lifting weights?
- Can you get chest pain from lifting weights?
- Can you develope a hernia of the obliques from weight lifting?
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free