Doctor insights on:
Can You Go Back To Work Right Away After Having Optic Neuritis
Optic neuritis is a condition in which there is swelling of the optic nerve, the main nerve in the eye. Common symptoms include having sudden reduced vision or loss of vision in the affected eye and pain upon moving the eye. Some causes of optic neuritis are various ...Read more
Probably: Optic neuritis is not contagious, nor is it work related or aggravated by work. If the status of the condition makes it visually difficult to do your work, you should hold off until it improves. Your work colleagues do not need to know of your condition unless the vision prevents work. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I had episodes of optic neuritis I really don't know why it keeps coming back. I know what causes it but still. It happen on both eyes.?
I had a substance drip in my eye at work.. It may have contained a type of anti-freeze... Diagnosed with uveitis and now optic neuritis. Dr.S don't seem to be listening.. Being tested for MS and everything else. Simple research I have found says that my s
If someone were to have optic neuritis would their vision return 100% back to normal in time?? And if so how long? I can't see with my other eye .
See below: Optic neuritis is due to inflammation and damage of the insulation material around the nerve behind the eye ball (optic nerve). This results in variable loss of vision in one eye, pain with eye movement, for weeks to months followed by recovery. It can be the first event of MS or may be a one time event. Brain MRI taken at the time of optic neuritis can be valuable to gauge risk for future ms. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after having lap band surgery can you go back to work?
- How long after having your wisdom teeth pulled can you go back to work?
- Does going back to work right away after a head injury slow your recovery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after an appendectomy can you go back to work?
- Can you go to work if you have shingles?
- Can you go to work if you have diarrhea?
- Could i go back to work right after a root canal
- Talk to a neurologist online