Doctor insights on:
Can You Give Blood If Anemic
Can you tell me what you suggest if you are unable to obtain a blood pressure, can you still administer nitroglycerin?
Meter or lab test: There are common symptoms that people with low blood sugar may experience, including sweats, shaking, heart pounding, vision changes, headaches, nausea or hunger, and weakness/lightheadedness. The only way to know that a low sugar is causing them, however, is to check with a glucose meter, or a lab test at a doctor's office. ...Read more
Give blood withCA Hx: Not actually a straight forward answer on this one...Needs to be at least a year since youve been treated, no recurrence, no diagnosis of blood cancers like leukemia or lymphoma...Unless you had these as a kid and its been 10 years. Check out the american red cross list of conditions that affect donation...It will be the most helpful. Than get out there and donate! ...Read more
Up to a point: Blood donations are acceptable as long as your blood pressure is below 180 systolic (first number) and below 100 diastolic (second number) at the time of donation. Medications for high blood pressure do not disqualify you from donating. You might want to run it by your doctor to be sure you won't suffer anyconsequences, but it should be fine. You're a generous person - thanks! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- High red blood cells how can you be anemic
- Can being anemic kill you?
- Can high blood pressure give you a headache?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you give blood if using warfarin?
- Can you give blood if you have thyroid cancer?
- Can a blood transfusion give you new allergies?
- Can you have low iron and not be anemic?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free