Doctor insights on:
Can You Get Wolf Parkinson White Syndrome From Taking Antibiotics As A Child
Good day ..
I am diagnosed by WPW ( wolf Parkinson white syndrome ) I had a complete failure catheter ablation 2 months ago.
I started taking sotalo , amiodarone & sertraline after the operation but I suffer from really really bad side effects
Sometimes: A familial form of WPW syndrome has been reported as an autosomal dominant trait. 3.4% have a 1st degree relative with preexcitation syndrome. However, this claims are based on small studies. Two genetic studies of three families, found abnormalities in chromosome 7. Missense mutation were identified in the PRKAG2 gene which encodes the gamma -2 regulatory subunit of AMP-activated protein kinase ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: Like so many things in life...depends. If you are having lots of palpitations, dizziness, or feelings that you might pass out then you should go see a cardiologist who is subspecialized in electrophysiology.He can review your workup,order additional tests if necessary,and possibly eliminate the problem via a procedure called radiofrequency ablation. If no symptoms, then you likely need nothing. ...Read more
WPW: Yes. Wpw is the presence of ventricular pre-excitation due to an accessory pathway which can result in fast heart rhythms (i.e. Supra ventricular tachycardia). Risk stratification is important to determine the risk of sudden cardiac death. The main risk during these fast rhythms is usually syncope (fainting). Treatment involves ablation. I would speak with your cardiologist. ...Read more
I've been diagnosed with the wolf parkinson white syndrome since the age of 3. What kind of workout should I do?
WPW: Wpw has benign and more aggressive manifestations. Best to talk to your dr. For recommendations specific to you. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get a rash from taking antibiotics?
- Can you get lead poisoning from a pencil if your child accidently pricked himself?
- Can you get food poisoning from a bad bottle of white wine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you die from wolff-parkinson-white syndrome?
- Can you get measles again if you had it as a child?
- Can you get chicken pox as a child and then again as an adult?
- Can you get a yeast infection from antibiotics?
- Talk to a pediatrician online