Doctor insights on:
Can You Get Strep Throat More Than Once
Can you get strep throat or any other throat condition from giving oral sex to a male that has no current STI/STD?
No non-STD risk: Other than STDs, no infections or any other medical conditions are likely to be transmitted by oral sex. Even STDs are pretty low risk, but not zero risk. If you've had such exposure to a new or especially high risk partner, see a doctor or clinic for gonorrhea testing (throat swab, not urine) and maybe, in a few weeks, blood tests for syphilis and HIV. Otherwise no worries. ...Read more
Can you get strep throat from swallowing semen? I ask because every time I have oral sex with a new partner, I either get a sore or strep throat.
Happens ...however: It is possible for an infant to acquire and be sick from the strep A germ. It is also possible for them to test positive and only be a carrier & never get sick from it. One issue that differs in young infants is the long term effects. Since their immune system is immature, they don't risk development of rheumatic fever like a 5 or 10 year old would. Treatment of carriers is unnecessary. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Untreated: Could develop significant complications & rheumatic fever down the line. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Can you get strep more than once?
- Can you get the shingles more than once?
- Can you get tb more than once?
- Can you get coxsackie more than once?
- Can you get tetanus more than once?
- Can you get measles more than once?
- Can you get rabies more than once?
- Can you get the mumps more than once?
- Can you get mumps more than once?