Doctor insights on:
Can You Get Sick From Inhaling Rotting Food
Can you get food poisoning just from smelling bad chicken? Can the germs get you sick through your nose?
Possibly: One potential source could be rancid butter on the popcorn. ...Read more
Unlikely but possabl: The dry and salty nature of most chips make them an unlikely source of food poisoning as germs are unlikely to survive for extended periods on this surface. However, the chip bowl may be tainted as well as the hands that put them out. The dip is a more likely source due to the moisture content and mix of nutrients germs love. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Food poisoning can come from any food item. All it takes is enough bacteria to accumulate in the food so that when we eat it our bodies become ill. Generally our bodies will recover in a short period - days to weeks. (but, those can be some pretty miserable days!) use care when storing food or eating/reheating leftovers. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sure.: Was the food cooked well enough? We're the coals or gas hot enough to cook the food all the way through? Was the grill cleaned from the last use? Was the food to close to charcoal briquettes allowing for some residue to get onto the food? Did the food sit out for a long time after it was cooked on the grill? ...Read more
Fumes are unhealthy: Volatile fumes from gasoline, glue, paint, etc..., are bad because they diffuse throughout the body after inhalation. The fumes one smells at a gas station are diluted by the air, so don't cause illness. If one purposely sniffs gasoline or glue, or accidentally gets too much fumes while painting inside a closet, he can get damage to the lungs, brain, etc..., especially with repeated exposures. ...Read more
Possibly : Muktuk, or the skin and blubber of whale or narwhals, is high in Vitamin C, D, and A. Large ingestions over a period of time can lead to hypervitaminosis A, a serious, but treatable, affliction. Nowadays, however, fairly high level of PCBs have been found in muktuk. All things in moderation, but I'll take the sushmi... ...Read more
Exposed - yes: Lock jaw is a result of a tetanus infection, classically seen when the skin integrity is broken by a cut or puncture, imbedding the tetanus bacteria into the wound. I have never heard of a case of lockjaw from drinking contaminated water, but you could get other serious bacterial infections! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No but why?: Why would you put yourself at risk using bacon obviously spoiled. The vapors from this are harmless although possibly irritation if inhaled too deeply or steadily. But i suggest spoiled bacon should be put in compost or discarded. ...Read more
NO: Mold is ubiquitous in all of our foods. Even food that do not appear moldy actually have some level of mold on them. Mold is essentially fungus. And fungal meningitis occurs among individuals who are usually immunocompromised (hiv patients, bone marrow transplant patients etc.). You will not get meningitis from eating a moldy apple if you are healthy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Getting Tetanus: You get tetanus from exposure to the bacterium, clostridium tetani. It is uncommon to acquire tetanus from eating contaminated dirt, but it is possible. Most of the time an open wound, such as a cut, is exposed to the bacterium. Anytime a cut occurs, especially if there is a puncture wound, a tetanus shot should be given, especially if it has been a few years since the last vaccination. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get sick from eating moldy food?
- Can you get sick from prenatal vitamins?
- Can you get sick from bread mold?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get sick from a bee sting?
- Can you get sick from a flu shot?
- Can you get sick from flee bites?
- Can you get sick from lack of sleep?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free