Doctor insights on:
Can You Get Rid Of Cataracts Without Having Surgery
A cataract is a clouding of the lens of the eye, which should normally be clear. Cataracts are usually painless and develop slowly, causing a gradual worsening of vision. Cataracts will affect the vision of most individuals by the time they are at the age of 75, but risk factors speeding up their development include diabetes, too much exposure to UV light (sunlight), ...Read more
After my cataract surgery i had 2 streaks when i look at any lights at night, my doctor did a yag laser to get rid of the strea none
Post Cat Surgery: Common Post Cataract Surgery Issues: need for glasses still; need YAG laser due to PCO (Posterior Capsular Opacification: happens in 10-25% of patients): YAG laser helps decrease glare/streaks of light patients notice from PCO; more info at: firstname.lastname@example.org ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Prevent worseing: N-acetylcarnosine (NAC) in small studies showed improve vision in cataract patients. However, it has not been studied in double blind, randomized, prospective way & studies were paid for by company who has vested interest. It is not FDA approved. Likely sun protection & eating a diet rich in antioxidants is just as good; so there is still not enough proof. More info at: email@example.com ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Surgery: Cataracts are a loss of transparency of the lens of the eye cllouding the image. Most are age related. The only possible treatment is surgical removal with insertion of a prosthetic lens. Techniques now are so advanced, safe and predictable that there is nothing to fear from this course. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is cataract surgery the only solution for getting rid of cataracts? I would like to find the best solution for treating the cataract in my right eye. I am wondering if surgery is the only solution or if there are other options available. If they are avail
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i get rid of kidney stones by oral medicine without having surgery?
- Can you get rid of gynecomastia without surgery?
- Can you get rid of loose skin without surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get rid of pneumonia without antibiotics?
- Can i get rid of a bunion without surgery?
- How can you get rid of heartburn without tums?
- Can you get rid of a sinus infection without antibiotics?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free