Doctor insights on:
Can You Get Pregnant When Not Ovulating
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
A qualified yes: Pregnancy always requires an ovulation. But since sperm can survive up to 6 days when conditions are favorable, you can potentially get pregnant if you have had sex as many as 6 days before you actually ovulate. Even if you know when you ovulate, as many women do, that does not give you sufficient warning to reliably allow you to avoid pregnancy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Simple answer is yes, as nothing is really 100% effective. However, you are much less likely to become pregnant if you use reliable protection. ...Read more
Yes and no: You have to be ovulating in order to get pregnant. But, you can have sex before the day of ovulation that could lead to pregnancy. The best time to conceive is to have intercourse the day of ovulation but sperm can live in good cervical mucus for 3-5 days. So, if you have unprotected intercourse on saturday sperm could survive until ovulation on tuesday. ...Read more
Ovulation: Women with regular cycles, have a surge in lh hormone levels that matures and ovulates (releases) the egg 24 - 48 hours later. This is the time you can get pregnant. Sperm can survive for several days after you have sex. If you have unprotected sex during that time ovulation, you can get pregnant. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you still get pregnant when you are not ovulating?
- Can you get pregnant when your not ovulating?
- Do you stop ovulating when you get pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get pregnant day before ovulation?
- Can you get pregnant during ovulation bleeding?
- Can you get pregnant a day after you ovulate?
- Can you only get pregnant while ovulating?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free