Doctor insights on:
Getting Pregnant After Ovulation
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Not exactly, but...: A woman cannot get pregnant between the start of her last period and the time of her ovulation... Because there is no egg. That means she cannot get pregnant before ovulation. However, she can (and often does) have sex before ovulation, and the sperm just sit around waiting a few days for the egg to pop out of the ovary... And then she gets PREGNANT, but by then, it is already after ovulation. ...Read more
Yes...: The egg only hangs around < 24 hours after ovulation. If you knew the day and hour of ovulation, you could avoid pregnancy by waiting a few days. The problem is that ovulation is somewhat unpredictable. Its sometimes early or late. Because of this, avoiding pregnancy by timing like this frequently doesn't work and results in pregnancy. ...Read more
Yes: If you are concerned check with your doctor after checking a urine pregnancy test. If it is negative request a prescription for birth control pills, iud, or many of the other options with your physician. If it is positive seek prenatal care or discuss other options with your physician. ...Read more
Yes.: Because you may not necessarily know exactly when you ovulated. But if you are correct in your assessment, then it is unlikely. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get pregnant 3 days after ovulation?
- Can i get pregnant 3 days after ovulation?
- Can i get pregnant 3 days after my ovulation date?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get pregnant three days before ovulation?
- Can you get pregnant 3 days before ovulation?
- Can you get pregnant two three days before ovulation?
- Can you get pregnant a few days after ovulation?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free