Doctor insights on:
Can You Get Pregnant After Getting Fixed
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
I don't know if this is medical or not. But i'm wondering if it's possible to get pregnant even if you're not ovulating. I learned that if you have unprotected sex, no matter what day of the month it is, you will get pregnant.
Yes, : Yes, that is a very good question. It is impossible to know exactly when a woman ovulates. Typically, it is about two weeks after the first day of her last period, but this varies a great deal. If the hormones are "out of whack", so to speak, then ovulation is very difficult to predict. Some women also have irregular periods or even spotting that is not actually their period, which also makes it difficult to predict. Therefore, you are right; unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy on almost any day of the cycle. ...Read more
It depends: Endometrial ablation does not reliably prevent pregnancy. Reliable contraception, usually sterilization is required. Your gynecologist should discuss this with you. Any pregnancy that occurs after an ablation is very high risk. Consider tubal ligation or a vasectomy. If "tubo" is tubal ligation than your pregnancy risk is < 0.3% and coupled with an ablation you can be reasonably confident. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How soon after stopping the nuvaring can you get pregnant?
- Can you get pregnant 8 days after your period?
- Can you get pregnant after ovarian cyst surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get pregnant 2 days after ovulation?
- Can you get pregnant after high prolactin levels?
- Can you get pregnant 9 days after your period?
- Can you still get pregnant after having chlamydia?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online