Doctor insights on:
Can You Get Mrsa From A Patient Just Being Around Them
What happens if the only two medications that are used to treat MRSA cause an allergic reaction in the patient, what would be the next step?
Consult: I would recommend referral to infection diseases doctor and allergist to check for IgE or non IgE mediated allergy to the antibiotics. ...Read more
I took care of a patient whose leg was oozing and a little bloody, It rubbed on my scrubs. The patient has MRSA. What should I do about my scrubs?
Wash them.: MRSA is spread by contact, but as you already recognize, not everyone who is contacted will develop skin lesions of MRSA. Immunocompetent individuals are not at risk of contracting significant MRSA related disease, but may serve as carriers to spread the disease to someone less fortunate. ...Read more
Can inhaling Tobramycin kill MRSA ? I am a pedi trach patient. Will it kill Kleb Oxytoca that is ESBL?
Tobi Nebs: Inhaled tobi is used mainly to reduce pseudomonas colonization in cf. As noted, it is not active against gram positives like staph (mrsa or not). Kleb may be suceptible, but is not usually treated in this way. Kids with trachs grow a lot of organisms; agree that sorting out "infection" from "colonizer" is key. Both MRSA and kleb are often found in cultures but may not be the specific problem. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Patient has active MRSA infection since surgery 1 month ago. Surgeon wants to set the fracture with titanium next week. Won't this aggravate the mrsa?
Can happen: Possible to develop recurrent MRSA infection at some point in the future after having had MRSA infection at a different site on your body. There is some evidence that a patient who has community-type MRSA infection is more likely to have recurrent skin infection than a patient who had a non-MRSA staph infection. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get a lazy eye from being too tired or sleepy?
- Can you get a lazy eye from being tired?
- Can you get a possible detached retina from being hit in the head?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get mrsa from a spider bite?
- Can you get a abnormal pap due to iud being taken out from your body?
- Can you have really dark urine just from being only a little dehydrated?
- Can you get mrsa from a dog?
- Talk to a dermatologist online