Doctor insights on:
Can You Get Mono From Drinking From A Glass With A Person Who Has It
Once : Once a patient has had mono, they will always test positive for the virus. In general, patients only get true mono one time, but if the patient is very "run-down", or susceptible from physical stressors, the virus can re-activate and cause mono symptoms and can also be contagious again. ...Read more
Maybe: The majority of adults have mono in childhood and are immune. For those that are not, the illness is harsh. The contagious period begins days before the first symptoms and lasts 3 weeks in most, longer in some.You can be supportive,but less intimate, and might avoid it.Yet you are likely incubating it already if susceptible. I'd probably take my chances unless I wanted an excuse to take off. ...Read more
It's possible.: Infectious mononucleosis (aka "mono") is indeed contagious as suggested by the name. Commonly referred to as "kissing disease", this viral infection is typically passed along by oral secretions (i.e. Saliva); so, certainly sharing a bottle would be a possible vehicle for transfer of saliva--much like kissing! please exercise caution with thorough cleansing of eating utensils used by those infected. ...Read more
Yes: All you need for exposure is contact with the virus.This can be left transiently on surfaces like door handles, doors, etc. That you touch as part of your normal day. Adults randomly touch their face, nose or mouth a few times every hour and this can transfer the germ to a point where it can enter your system. Frequent hand washing helps avoid this mode of exposure. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Could you get chlamydia from a glass from a person who has chlamydia
- Can you get mono from drinking out of someones waterbottle who has mono?
- Can u get hepatitis if someone who has it drinks alcohol from same glass?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get shingles from someone who has chicken pox?
- Can you get arthritis from having sex with a girl who has arthritis?
- Can you get cold sores from giving mouth to mouth to someone who has cold sores?
- Can you get genital herpes simplex virus 2 from someone who has oral herpes 1?
- Talk to a pediatrician online