Doctor insights on:
Can You Get Herpes On Your Neck
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
Yes: Herpes is a viral infection that can follow the nerves of the face (and lots of other nerves for that matter). The upper branch of the fifth cranial nerve (v1) innervates that area and the nerve can affect that particular area. Herpes infection in this area is called herpes zoster ophthalmicus. It will look like blisters. Can treat with antiviral. Need to have aggressive treatment if affects eye. ...Read more
No: You cannot get a traditional "pimple" on your tongue like on your skin. A pimple on the skin is a blocked oil gland or pore which has become infected with bacteria. The tongue does not have oil glands or pores, so it doesn't get pimples. However, there are all sorts of other lumps and bumps which can form on the tongue (but not pimples). If you have something, get it checked by a dentist or ent. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Anal herpes
- Can you get herpes on your head?
- If you have herpes can your partner get it
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get herpes on your body?
- Where can you get herpes on your body
- Can you get herpes in your eyes?
- Can you get herpes on your foot?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free