Doctor insights on:
Can You Get Herpes On Your Eyelid
Yes: Herpes is a viral infection that can follow the nerves of the face (and lots of other nerves for that matter). The upper branch of the fifth cranial nerve (v1) innervates that area and the nerve can affect that particular area. Herpes infection in this area is called herpes zoster ophthalmicus. It will look like blisters. Can treat with antiviral. Need to have aggressive treatment if affects eye. ...Read more
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
Of course: The eye is well protected and many get facial cuts without the eye being involved. But sometimes sharp things can actually impact the eye and scratch the surface, cut partially into the outer coats or in the worse case, penetrate to the interior which causes major problems. If you suspect any of these an ophthalmologist should be consulted pronto. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get a stye on your lower eyelid?
- Can you get a pimple on your eyelid?
- Can you get pimples on your lower eyelid?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get herpes on your head?
- If you have herpes can your partner get it
- Can you get genital herpes on your mouth?
- Can you get herpes on your body?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free