Doctor insights on:
Can You Get Herpes On Your Body
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
Yes: Herpes is a viral infection that can follow the nerves of the face (and lots of other nerves for that matter). The upper branch of the fifth cranial nerve (v1) innervates that area and the nerve can affect that particular area. Herpes infection in this area is called herpes zoster ophthalmicus. It will look like blisters. Can treat with antiviral. Need to have aggressive treatment if affects eye. ...Read more
Anywhere on the skin: Some parts of the body react differently. Instead of hives the lips and eyelids often swell and hurt. This is called angioedema (see photo). This often occurs with the hands and feet as well. When the eye itself has an allergic reaction the white of the eye swells but the iris and pupil do not. This is called chemosis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Where can you get herpes on your body
- Can you get herpes anywhere on your body?
- Can you get herpes all over your body?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Anal herpes
- Can you get herpes on your head?
- If you have herpes can your partner get it
- Can you get genital herpes on your mouth?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free