Doctor insights on:
Can You Get Herpes By Being In A Swimming Pool With Someone Who Has An Outbreak
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
I have herpees and have a very bad outbreak atm can I go to a public swimming pool and swim or will it make the outbreak worse?
Herpes Transmission: Herpes is spread by direct skin to skin contact. Unlike a flu virus that you can get through the air, herpes spreads by direct contact, that is, directly from the site of infection to the site of contact. Sometimes those who know they are infected spread the virus between outbreaks, when no signs or symptoms are present. This is called "asymptomatic transmission.". ...Read more
I'm about 22 weeks pregnet and I have genital herpies. I was wondering if I could go in a swimming pool without putting my baby or myself at risk?
I just got off zoloft (sertraline) 2 weeks ago and my head feels like it is in a swimming pool and when i move my head from side to side I get very woozy. Normal?
R/O SINUSITIS: UNLIKELY FROM ZOLOFT: you should rest, irrigate sinuses with saline/take a nasal spray like Nasonex/FLONASE and finish a 2-3week course of antibiotics ie bactrim/augmentin /cipro. I avoid abrupt changes in pressure. Ie flying/scuba/swimming if diving or snorkeling is undertaken. These activities may increase risk of worsening sinusitis and potentially rupturing ear drum. ...Read more
No: Not if the pool is adequately chlorinated. ...Read more
Very unlikely: As long as the pool is adequately chlorinated, there should be no risk. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get herpes from a swimming pool?
- Can you get genital herpes simplex virus 2 from someone who has oral herpes 1?
- Can you get genital herpes from someone who has a mouth sore?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get shingles from someone who has chicken pox?
- Can you get hiv by kissing someone who has it?
- Can you get hepatitis c by biting someone who has it?
- Can you get lice from a swimming pool?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free