Doctor insights on:
Can You Get Food Poisoning From Absolutely Any Type Of Food
Yes: Any food can be contaminated.Get a more detailed answer ›
I've developed tan-khaki color stool during what seems to be some type of food poisoning. Could this point to possible underlying pancreas issues?
Pancreas: Probably not but please see your doctor. You might need a referral to a Gastroenterologist. No current need to be overly concerned. ...Read more
Multiple: Viral food poisoning in the form of rotavirus and norovirus are the most common in the United States. Rarer would be bacterial disease due to staph followed by barillus cereus. Ecoli of various types would be next followed by botulism most rare of all due to precautions taken in this country. ...Read more
Yes: Food poisoning can come from any food item. All it takes is enough bacteria to accumulate in the food so that when we eat it our bodies become ill. Generally our bodies will recover in a short period - days to weeks. (but, those can be some pretty miserable days!) use care when storing food or eating/reheating leftovers. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Unlikely but possabl: The dry and salty nature of most chips make them an unlikely source of food poisoning as germs are unlikely to survive for extended periods on this surface. However, the chip bowl may be tainted as well as the hands that put them out. The dip is a more likely source due to the moisture content and mix of nutrients germs love. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Unlikely: Although some organisms responsible for gastrointestinal infection may reside in water on a kitchen tap you would have to have your mouth on the tap and be swallowing large amounts of material containing organisms in order to be infected. This is very unlikely. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get food poisoning from a bad bottle of white wine?
- Can you get food poisoning from an unopened can of tuna in the fridge?
- Food poisoning from bananas
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get food poisoning from couscous?
- Can you get food poisoning from salmon?
- Can you get food poisoning from apple juice?
- Can you get food poisoning from chips?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free