Doctor insights on:
Can You Get Club Feet That Develop Later In Life
Yes: Most club feet are now managed non operatively with casting as long as they are addressed as infants. 100% correction is not always achieved as it is a genetic deformity. Pediatric orthopedists are the experts in this topic and i would defer to them for further advice. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not: Likely. It is very difficult to get disability when one can be employed. ...Read more
How rare is a female with bilateral, resilient club feet? Also, she has no other health problems other than this.
See answer: Club foot is a common birth defect and involves both feet about 50% of the time. Though it may occur as a part of many other congenital syndromes, it commonly occurs as an isolated abnormality. Clubfoot is treated with manipulation by podiatrists, physiotherapists, orthopedic surgeons, specialist nurses, or orthotists: often by serial casting and then providing braces to hold the feet in a place. ...Read more
Multiple factors: Congenital club foot ccf can occur as an isolated event or as part of a syndrome. Current thinking includes the influence of an autosomal dominent gene which is expressed ~33% , making it possible to skip generations without an affected carrier. Incidence 11/10000 (iowa)m>f, increased if mother smokes in pregnancy.See http://www.Omim.Org/entry/119800. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I call a pedi ortho: The typical clubfoot may respond to a series of casts applied starting soon after birth to reshape the ankle & foot. The casts are removed & reapplied over days & weeks to bring the bones into better alignment.If the casts don't bring things into position surgery may be required. Often you can find this specialized service at one of the shrine hospitals. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you develop lactose intolerance later in life?
- Can you develop a gluten intolerance later in life?
- Can you suddenly develop loud snoring later in life?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are you born with narcolepsy or can you get it later in life?
- Can u develop freckles later in life?
- Can someone develop an allergy to latex later in life?
- Is it possible to develop obsessive compulsive disorder later in life?
- Can you develop gluten intolerance later in life?