Doctor insights on:
Can You Get Chlamydia From Saliva
Can you get chlamydia from someone's saliva entering your vagina even if that person was treated a few days before?
I would think this : Could be a problem. People who are being treated for chlamydia are instructed not to be sexually active for seven days. During this period, chlamydia could still be transmitted back & forth. ...Read more
Chlamydia infection is a sexually transmitted infection caused by a bacteria. Genital symptoms include burning on urination, vaginal or penile discharge, pain with sexual intercourse or no symptoms at all. In many patients without symptoms, chlamydial infections can spread upwards into the abdomen and cause serious complications due to scarring. Newborns can acquire chlamydial eye infection from birth ...Read more
Chlamydia: It is so unlikely that i would say no. Chlamydia is a sticky bug that can line the infected persons throat, urethra or cervix or rectal tissues. The infected fluids are more likely to be semen or vaginal fluids than saliva. But, in the extreme case, oral or salvia transmission has occurred. But that is not the norm and i would advise not to worry about sharing cups. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The clear, viscous fluid secreted by the salivary and mucous glands in the mouth. Saliva contains water, mucin, organic salts, and the digestive enzyme ptyalin. It serves to moisten the oral cavity, to initiate the digestion of starches, and to aid in the chewing and swallowing of food. Approximately 1 to 1.5 l ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get chlamydia from sharing drinks?
- Can you get chlamydia from kissing someone?
- Can you get mrsa from saliva?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get chlamydia from contact with blood?
- Can you get chlamydia from a yeast infection?
- Can you get chlamydia from a needle?
- Can you get chlamydia from urine?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free