Doctor insights on:
Can You Get Cervical Cancer If You Are A Virgin
Yes.: Cervical cancer is most commonly caused by infection with human papilloma virus (hpv). Hpv can be transmitted sexually via skin to genital contact without necessarily engaging in intercourse. Therefore, women who have never had sex can still acquire hpv which would put them at risk for developing cervical cancer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cervical Cancer: Cervical cancer is caused by certain strains of the hpv virus. There is a vaccine to prevent the four strains of hpv that cause 95% of the cancers. This vaccination is vital to your future and to prevent cervical cancer, even virgins get hpv. 96% of americans have been exposed to this virus by age 26. Get the vaccine and encourage your partner to get it as well. The vaccine is gardisil! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes and No: You could get genital warts caused by HPV if you are rubbing an infected penis on the vulva ( outer areas). However, you cannot get cervical HPV and dysplasia/cancer without penetration (at least I have never heard or read of such a case). If you are thinking of sex in future, condoms make a great barrier to HPV. ...Read more
Can a 18 years old virgin get cervical cancer?
And if the tests proved she had. Can she be treated and have kids?
Not likely: It would be exceedingly rare for that to happen, but, with early detection ad treatment, kids would be possible. ...Read more
Is it possible to get cervical cancer if you've had a infection so long thats hard to get rid of and your not sure what the infection you have?
CANCER CAN RECUR: Like any cancer, cervical cancer can recur in same place (local recurrence) or 'pop up' in a distant place (metastatic recurrence). Therefore close surveillance is recommended for cervical cancer with frequent pap smears/exams/scans. If the cervix has been totally removed then local recurrence is less likely but still possible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get cervical cancer if you are hpv negative?
- Can a woman get breast cancer if you squeeze her breasts really hard?
- Can you get genital warts or cervical cancer from a wart on your hand?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you have a cytology done to see if there are cancer cells in urine?
- Can you get a flu shot if you are sick?
- Can you get cervical cancer even if you had hpv shot?
- Can you get hpv from your partner if it has already turned into cervical cancer?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free