Doctor insights on:
Can You Get Body Lice From Having Head Lice Travel Downwards
Body lice (pediculus humanus corporis) are similar to head lice. These are tiny parasitic insects live on the clothes and can often be seen at the seams. They feed on the blood of the host, and can spread certain infections. Generally these are found in the homeless or those who are ...Read more
Sharing: Head lice can be transmitted from one individual to another by direct scalp-to-scalp contact, sharing hair brushes or other hair accessories, and by coming in contact with bedding or cushions that were in contact by an infected individual. Follow the directions of your doctor closely to best eradicate the lice. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If still present: Head lice are sometimes hard to get rid of.Sometimes multiple treatments and meticulous removal of egg casings are needed before they are gone for good. If present and the child shares a sleeping mat, headgear, brush or other item they can be passed easily.It can also take 10 or more days before you pick up that your kid has them.It takes that long for new lice to start laying visable eggs. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get crabs from head lice?
- Can you get pubic lice from head lice?
- Can you get head lice from animals?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get lice from a swimming pool?
- Can you get lice from fleas?
- Can you catch head lice from headphones or helmets?
- Can you get herpes from getting head?
- Talk to a pediatrician online