Doctor insights on:
Can You Get An Astigmatism From Working In Front Of The Computer For Too Long
NO: Astimatism is a type of refractive error like myopia (nearsightedness) or hyperopia (farsightedness). It is basically determined by the length of the eye and the shape of the front surface (cornea) of the eye. Sustained focusing for near may induce a progression (higher prescription) of a myopic refractive error but not asigmatism. ...Read more
I have myopia and astigmatism and now iam wearing prescription glasses can i use this glasses when reading books or in computer. Thank u?
Is it possible to get headaches, dizziness, and a feeling of stiffness and pain in your body from being on the computer too long?
Yes: And Yes. Proof: How did you feel within the first 30 minutes after you had gotten up from the computer and went to do something different... ...Read more
Not harmful: Prolonged computer use is tiring, may be drying and irritating, but it will not cause any permanent change or ruin your eyes. Try using an over the counter lubricating drop for relief during prolonged computer use. ...Read more
Artificial tears: Dry eyes can be bothersome and cause chronic discomfort. There are many therapy options: best to start naturally (warm compresses, diluted baby shampoo scrubs) & move up a "ladder approach" to antibiotic cream, otc artificial tears. More info at: http://eyedoc2020.Blogspot.Com/2013/04/best-step-ladder-approach-to-dry-eye.Html i hope this helps you! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My bf drinks 1-2 energy drnks daily. He's blacking out for a few seconds lately. Are the drinks related to this? Or being on the computer too long?
Blacking out is bad: Repeated black outs are not good whatever the reason. You have little chance of diagnosing him - he might want to have a doctor evaluate him. Black outs can be part of some serious condition. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get hemorrhoids from working out?
- Can eye strain from looking a computer screen for too long cause nystagmus?
- Can you get a collapsed lung from holding your breath for too long?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get stretch marks from working out?
- Can you get broken blood vessels on the face from working out?
- Can you get constipated from too much fiber?
- Can you get too much vitamin d from the sun?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free