Doctor insights on:
Can You Get Aids From Spit
AIDS is also known as HIV/AIDS. Acquired immune disease syndrome. Late stage of HIV infection associated with low CD4 lymphocytes count and clinical signs of immune dysfunction. Many excellent sources on internet to learn more. See a doctor if you think you may have acquired HIV infection. Treatment options ...Read more
Unprotected sex: Aids is spread during unprotected anal, vaginal or oral sex with a partner who has AIDS. It is not spread through the air, on doorknobs or toilets, etc. So you have to work a little to get it. If you are unsure about your partner in sex, always protect yourself. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Bodily fluids: Aids (acquired immune deficiency syndrome) is caused by infection with the human immunodeficiency virus. Hiv is spread in bodily fluids, including semen, vaginal secretions, blood, and breast milk. People usually get aids by having unprotected sex with an infected partner, sharing needles with an infected person, or breastfeeding from an infected mother. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Behavioral: The "population's" at highest risk are those who partake in high risk behavior. Unprotected sex, IV drug use to name 2 populations. The best way to avoid infection is to avoid engaging in high risk behavior. Unfortunately a group at risk not as a result of behavior but due to conception are babies born to HIV infected moms. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get herpes from spit?
- Can you get hiv from spit in the eye?
- Can you get aids from swallowing blood?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get aids from sharing a drink?
- Can you get aids from dry blood?
- Can you get aids from using public toilets?
- Can you get aids from french kissing?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free