Doctor insights on:
Can You Get Aids From Getting Scratched By Men With It
AIDS is also known as HIV/AIDS. Acquired immune disease syndrome. Late stage of HIV infection associated with low CD4 lymphocytes count and clinical signs of immune dysfunction. Many excellent sources on internet to learn more. See a doctor if you think you may have acquired HIV infection. Treatment options ...Read more
Will gay men get aids or HIV from their partner even if they didn't cheat or been with anyone else?
Not necessarily, but: It is not necessarily hard nor difficult for men to get hiv, the virus that causes aids, from unprotected sex with women. In places like africa, the epidemic is 50% in women and 50% in men, which reflects the fact that HIV is transmitted fairly equally in both directions. In fact, this is how most heterosexual men in africa get infected with HIV - from unprotected vaginal intercourse with women. ...Read more
Unprotected sex: Aids is spread during unprotected anal, vaginal or oral sex with a partner who has AIDS. It is not spread through the air, on doorknobs or toilets, etc. So you have to work a little to get it. If you are unsure about your partner in sex, always protect yourself. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Bodily fluids: Aids (acquired immune deficiency syndrome) is caused by infection with the human immunodeficiency virus. Hiv is spread in bodily fluids, including semen, vaginal secretions, blood, and breast milk. People usually get aids by having unprotected sex with an infected partner, sharing needles with an infected person, or breastfeeding from an infected mother. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get sickle cell anemia by kissing or having sex with someone with it?
- Can you get hiv from food with blood on it?
- Can you get mono from drinking from a glass with a person who has it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i get herpes if i drink from the cup of someone with it?
- Can you get herpes from kissing someone with genital herpes?
- Can you get hep c by scratching infected person?
- Can you get aids from swallowing blood?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free