Doctor insights on:
Can You Get A Yeast Infection On Your Face
Can you get a yeast infection on your face or in your mouth from performing oral sex an a guy who may have a yeast infection?
Possibly: Yeast infections are usually found in moist locations, so it can be found in your mouth and in the corners of your lips, but usually not on your face. You could get an infection by performing oral sex on an infected penis, probably an uncirumcised penis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Yogurt: No. The opposite happens. One gets a yeast infection because the friendly bacteris in the intestines gets killed. The best example is when one takes antibiotics. Yogurt harbors the friendly bacteria and replenishes the normal bacteris that are lost. ...Read more
Get it checked: If you are indeed having recurrent documented yeast infections, you should be evaluated to make sure you don't have diabetes or other conditions that may be compromising your immune system. If you have frequent yeast infections, you may be best served by periodic prophylactic treatment in order to suppress these infections. ...Read more
Yeast: Men with yeast infections may have burning or itching at the urethra (hole in the penis). There may be a red rash as well. Monistat can be applied to the tip of the penis twice a day. If not resolving in a week, see physician. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get a yeast infection on your tongue?
- Can you get a yeast infection on your lips?
- Can you get a yeast infection on your skin?
- Can you get a yeast infection on your mouth?
- Can you get a yeast infection in your eye?
- Can you get a yeast infection in your urethra?
- Can you get a yeast infection in your belly button?
- Can you treat a yeast infection while on your period?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free