Doctor insights on:
Can You Get A Sexually Transmitted Disease Even If You Practice Monogamy
STD is also known as Sexually transmitted disease. This is a disease which can be transmitted from one person to another person through sexually related activities. This does not limit these activities to heterosexual intercourse, but encompasses all modalities of human-to-human sexual activity. It does not include illnesses that may make an individual more susceptible to a condition because of a sexual ...Read more
Only herpes: In general, stds can only be acquired from someone who acquired them sexually from someone else. The only exception is herpes: hsv-1 usually causes cold sores and can occur in people who've never had sex. But it can cause genital outbreaks, especially in someone who gets infected for the first time. So it's possible for a "virgin" with a cold sore to give genital herpes to someone else. ...Read more
Can one get infected by a sexually transmitted disease if one ingests bodily fluids from an infected person?
Yes.... sort of: Oral sex is one way to pass std. Herpes, hpv and syphilis are passed by mouth to skin contact. Gonorrhea, chlamydia and HIV are examples of disease passed by fluids. Ingesting the fluid though is not the issue. The fluid coming into contact with the tissue of the mouth and throat are how infections occur. ...Read more
Can you get trichinosis not by just sex? My obgyn said no its only a sexually transmitted disease but i read online you can get it on toilet seats
Trichomoniasis: Theoretically it is possible to pick up trich from a toilet seat but this would be extremely improbable. The human genital tract is the only known habitat for this species. I agree with your OB. ...Read more
I"m 16yr old boy,2yrs back i had wore my sister's,mom's,aunt's USED bras.now will anyone of us get sexually transmitted disease,AIDS,or other diseases?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can you tell if you have a sexually transmitted disease?
- Can you get a tummy tuck if you have von willebrand disease?
- Can you get pregnant even if you used a condom?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get pregnant if a boy fingers you?
- Can you exercise even if you have a pilonidal cyst?
- Can a woman get breast cancer if you squeeze her breasts really hard?
- Can you get a colonoscopy if you have a hernia?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free