Doctor insights on:
Can You Get A Dry Socket After A Week
Very unlikely: Dry sockets usually occur 2-4 days following the extraction. If you have any pain or problems, see the dentist who removed your tooth for an evaluation. ...Read more
I got my wisdom teeth out a week ago and the bottom one opened back up today. Is it still possible get a dry socket?
After a week the : Socket is likely stable enough that a "dry socket" is quite unlikely. The condition is usually found on day 3-4 after surgery and relates to lower back teeth almost exclusively. Please don't be too concerned and continue to rinse and care for the area as instructed by your surgeon. You should be fine. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Dry Socket?: Possible? Yes. Likely? No. Usually patients become aware of a problem 2 to 4 days after the extraction. ...Read more
I had my tooth taken out a week ago today. i have just woke up to a big red/black lump in my mouth which was the blood clot. Will I get dry socket?
Unlikely : Developing a "Dry Socket" after 8 days is highly unlikely, but you could have an infection. Call your dentist or oral surgeon to be professionally evaluated and treated if necessary. It is also possible that you may still be sore even 8 days after your extractions, if the surgery was a difficult one. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get dry socket with stitches?
- Exercising after dry socket treatment
- When can i drink alcohol after getting treated for dry socket
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i get a dry socket 6 days after my tooth was pulled?
- Is it possible to get a dry socket after they sewed the extractions sites shut?
- How can i prevent dry socket after wisdom teeth removal?
- Can you get hiv symptoms after a week?
- Talk to a dentist online for free