Doctor insights on:
Can You Fracture Your Wrist Even If You Already Have A Cast On
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Fractured my wrist on New Years eve! op on New Years day. 2 K wires. Removal in 12 days. Cast for 14 days after. When can I go to gym And lift weight?
This must B asked of: -your surgeon as well as healing. For a young kid it is way 2 early, 6-8 wks minimum. Talk 2 your surgeon about this please! ...Read more
I fractured my olecranon almost 4 weeks ago and recent got my cast off, today I woke up and my wrist is a green color.
Varies: I would not hesitate to be seen, but the most common cause is some degree of bruising and hematoma that tracked down from your elbow to your wrist related to your fracture. ...Read more
Can you tell me if i work at a cafe and fractured my wrist are i'm employees allowed to let i work with a cast or isn't it by law ?
Cast at cafe: May be a health risk/violation. Check with your employer and local health department for confirmation of this. ...Read more
Wrist fracture: Some pain is normal, some not. You will typically have some pain from the injury itself, but this should steadily resolve if the fracture has been properly treated. Likewise, there may be some discomfort from the cast but this should also steadily improve and should be tolerable. If not, the cast may not be properly placed and/or too tight or maybe the fracture has shifted. Check with your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you pass hpv on to your partner if you have already had the gardasil shot?
- Can you exercise even if you have a pilonidal cyst?
- How can you tell if you have a cut in your mouth or herpes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can you do to stop itching in the hand if you have a fracture?
- Can you have a miscarriage while on your cycle?
- Can you have a hysterectomy while on your period?
- Can you watch tv if you have a sty in your eye?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free