Doctor insights on:
Can You Fracture Your Wrist Even If You Already Have A Cast On
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Wrist fracture: Some pain is normal, some not. You will typically have some pain from the injury itself, but this should steadily resolve if the fracture has been properly treated. Likewise, there may be some discomfort from the cast but this should also steadily improve and should be tolerable. If not, the cast may not be properly placed and/or too tight or maybe the fracture has shifted. Check with your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can you tell me if i work at a cafe and fractured my wrist are i'm employees allowed to let i work with a cast or isn't it by law ?
Cast at cafe: May be a health risk/violation. Check with your employer and local health department for confirmation of this. ...Read more
Is it broken or fractured is a question I am often asked. The answer is basically that a broken or fractured bone is the same thing. A fracture means a break in the cortex or the strong layer of outer bone cells. In an adult the average time for that to heal varies greatly but is often considered to ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you be pregnant even if you have your period?
- Do you need a cast for a fractured wrist?
- Can you get herpes if you already have it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you know if you have fractured your wrist?
- Can you pass hpv on to your partner if you have already had the gardasil shot?
- Does a fractured wrist need a cast?
- Can you exercise even if you have a pilonidal cyst?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free