Doctor insights on:
Can You Explain The Difference Between Potassium Citrate And Potassium Carbonate
24-48 hours: 24-48 hours if the combination is going to be effective. ...Read more
Potrate: Mb6 solution does not contain vitamin b2 (riboflavin), as far as i can tell. It does contain vitamin b6 (has multiple forms, but pyridoxal phosphate is active & involved in many metabolic reactions). The solution can be used to make urine less acidic -- a good idea if you have uric acid kidney stones. ...Read more
It can be used to..: It can be used to prevent calcium oxalate kidney stones. Since you have already had kidney stones, i supect that they were trhis type. It is not used to treat other types of stones as a preventitive. B6 decreases liver production of oxalate and magnesium binds it in the gut to prevent it being resorbed and producing calcium oxalate stones in the kidney! always ask what your medicine is for! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Please specify: Can you please specify from where do you have the discharge? ...Read more
Urocit K (potassium citrate): yes, this is potassium citrate. Citrate is essential for stone prevention. Our kidneys produce some citrate naturally, but diet intake of citrate from lemon and orange is very important. Urocit K is excellent as a strategic additional source of citrate. Potassium also mutes stone formation somewhat. Minimize salt. Minimize meats. Drink 3-4 liters per day. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends.: Urocit-k is useful in the treatment of recurrent kidney stones and its dose will vary depending on the clinical situation. The typical starting dose is 30meq per day, which is divided into two (15meq) or three (10meq) doses. The max dose is 100meq/day. The dose will depend on renal function, response measured through urine collection studies, and patient compliance. Please check with your doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Difference between calcium citrate carbonate
- What is the difference between calcium citrate and calcium carbonate?
- Difference between potassium chloride and potassium citrate
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you explain the difference between vasomotor rhinitis and allergies?
- Can you explain the difference between venous and arterial leg ulcers?
- Can you explain the difference between glucosamine sulfate and msm?
- Can you explain the difference between dry and wet gangrene?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free