Doctor insights on:
Can You Explain The Difference Between Dry And Wet Gangrene
Infected or not: Dry gangrene is like a piece of leather and does not need immediate treatment. When dry gangrene progresses to being infected then we call it wet and this needs immediate treatment. Gangrene is considered wet when there is drainage, cellulitis or a foul odor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Usually yes: Wet gangrene is quite dangerous and can potentially lead to loss of life if the infection becomes serious enough. It is therefore a must to have the dead tissue removed and cleaned up so that the healing process may begin and the dead tissue is not available for the bacteria. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Emergency: its an emmergency .Get a more detailed answer ›
Im Diabateic on dialysis Just had below knee leg amputation because of wet gangrene, can I apply manuka honey dressing on amputation wound for healing?
Yes but: in general yes, depend do you have an open wound or the wound is closed and you want to speed up the healing because of your diabetes, actually honey dressing have been very popular for wound healing. It is always better to check with the surgeons that performed the surgery to make sure that there is no objection. ...Read more
What is the difference between gas gangrene and necrotizing fascitis except for the organism..? How will we clinicaly differentiate them?
Pretty much the same: "Gas gangrene" tends to refer to one specific bacteria (Clostridium perfringens) which may be part of many bacteria causing necrotizing fasciitis. Both are bad and require swift, extensive, and often disfiguring surgery to save people's lives. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you explain the difference between anal fissure and anal fistula?
- Can you explain the difference between potassium citrate and potassium carbonate?
- Can you explain the difference between glucosamine sulfate and msm?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can you tell the difference between tired eyes and dry eyes?
- Can you explain the difference between vasomotor rhinitis and allergies?
- How can you tell the difference between an ovarian cyst and ectopic pregnancy?
- How can i tell the difference between dry skin and scabies?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online