Doctor insights on:
Can You Exercise Your Abs Too Much
When i get nervous or stressed my back hurts very much and i get diarrhoea. I feel same pain in my back when I do abs exercise. Doctors find nothing.
Planks: Planks, yoga, pilates, and engaging your core during your daily activities will work all your abdominal muscles without causing too much stress on your vertebraes. On the other hand, regular sit-ups put too much stress on your spine and you only work some muscles. www.otwithmd.com. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It's about body fat: Your abs are under there somewhere but in order to see them the overlying fat on your abdomen needs to be real thin. If you push your diet and exercise you may get there but it's tough and some will never get there due to genetic reasons. Your body fat percentage needs to be in the single digits and for some, getting there means dieting too much, to the brink of harm. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It Can: Consult with a personal trainer. They will be able to help alter your exercise routine to focus on your personal goals. They also will be able to progress your current routine to make it more difficult. If the plank exercise is becoming too easy for you, a personal trainer will be abel to teach you other variations of the exercise. Best of luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Combo of things.: A combination of things will help you get flat abs. First, if you have an excessive amount of body fat, it may be covering your abs. So, a good diet, combined with fat burning activities, such as walking, running and biking will burn fat. Then strengthening and toning exercises for your abs, such as sit-ups and variations of them, will build the tone in the abs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
On my workout dvd's they say tighten your abs. When I do this should I see my abs visibly change or is it something i only feel when doing an exercise?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you lose your hair from too much exercise?
- Can you really get your eyes stuck in one corner if you roll your eyes too much?
- Can too much exercise stunt your growth?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you bleed too much during your period?
- Can too much fiber give you gas pains in your rib cage?
- What can happen if you get too much zinc in your diet?
- Can you have too much blood in your body?
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free